As stated in a previous post, I hit my blogs one year anniversary! I am still amazed at how quickly this last year has gone! Thank you readers for keeping me inspired and going this whole time! I feel like I should celebrate my mile marker a bit. The below list is inspired from this blog.
Since June 2011, I have written 132 posts.
Since August 2011, I have had 253,637 page views!
Since June 2011, I have 224 comments.
My most viewed page is the photo page for The Fortune Cookie.
My biggest traffic source is Facebook. (Go on and ‘Like’ me!)
I have had visitors from 93 different countries! The top 5 are The United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia and Germany!
Top Ten Blog Posts:
Winter Approaches - 589 views
Aspects of Tiny Living: Downsizing Your Kitchen – 625 views
Dreadnaught Darling Presents: Inara – 631 views
Dreadnaught Darling Presents: Mary – 643 views
Occupy Black Friday 2011 – 707 views
Dreadnaught Darling Presents: Suzi – 716 views
Dreadnaught Darling Presents: Robyn – Take Two – 732 views
New Year, New Beginnings: Contemplating Vegetarianism - 775 views
The Beginning – 1012 views
Tiny House Living in the Fortune Cookie - 1042 views
Now for some of the more amusing information. Google searches are some of the more entertaining reasons how people end up on my blog. Until reading this post and laughing until I cried, it had never occurred to me to share some of this amusement. So, here are my funniest search queries:
1. Hanging Fruit Basket (in various forms and queries) 80+ queries!
Okay, so I am really not sure what the obsession with the hanging fruit baskets is. However, I see why a lot of people ended up here after searching for it. I take some of the blame. However, I never realized how many people were obsessed with these beautiful contraptions besides me. I got mine at Goodwill. I see a ton of them at Value Village. There were a lot of people asking how to make hanging fruit baskets. Stay tuned, I’m going to macrame one at some point and post a tutorial, just for all you poor lost souls who want one.
2. Dreadlocks. A bazillion queries on this. This makes sense. I make synthetic dreadlocks! You’re in the right place! Feel free to buy all my dreadlocks!
3. Happy Family – 9 queries. The closest I can come to with this particular search is this post. However, I am unsure what you are looking for when you type that into Google. You probably won’t find it here. At a nearby Chinese restaurant, there is a dish called Happy Family. It is pretty darn fantastic… if that is what you are looking for… I concur with your main dish selection, please continue.
4. Eva Mendes – 3 queries. There is NOTHING about Eva Mendes on my site. Really, I looked. Now…. I noted the first time this query came up on my site. I was totally stumped. I laughed it up. A couple days later, the query appeared again. Then again a few days later. I am going to assume just one person was looking for Eva Mendes on my site. I am also going to assume they have dementia or short term memory loss… because they continued to look for her on my site after striking out the first time. I assure you, I am not hiding any pictures or information pertaining to Eva Mendes.
5. I am now pescaterian and kept a freezer full of seafood – 2 queries. I wrote a post regarding vegetarianism that mentioned being a pescatarian …. but I found this an interesting search query. You are now pescatarian and kept a freezer full of seafood. Was there a storm that knocked your power out? Is that why it is past tense? Kept. This confuses me. Especially that it was searched for twice.
6. Ridiculously photogenic guy – 2 queries. Well I used the phrase ‘ridiculously photogenic’ in one post. But that was for Inara… who is definitely not a guy. However, I found a funny meme…. that I never saw make the rounds. I think that is what they were searching for.
7. Are you thinking of me darling? – 1 query. The answer… no. No, it is highly unlikely that I was thinking of you … darling. However, my business name is catchy… don’tcha think?
8. Big ass blonde wear dreadlocks – 1 query. What does that even mean? I interpreted this in a number of different ways, none of them good.
9. Check out my ex Kera – 1 query. Hi, I’m Kera. I did a Google search one day. Google Plus listed about 20 other people named Kera, who spelled it the same as me. On a random whim, I ‘circled’ the majority of them. The strange spelling of my name fascinated me, as I did not know any other people that had the first name Kera. I explained this to my newly formed circle. Many of them thought this was a fantastic idea and ‘circled’ me back. I realized many of them were as ‘colorful’ as me. What’s in a name you ask? I am unsure, but us Kera’s…we’re a bit eccentric. So, if you’re looking for your ex, Kera… she’s fantastic.
11. Heather hippityhop rotten tail – 1 query. I have NO idea what this is about. How did you end up here? What were you looking for?!
12. Tom Hanks dreadlocks – 1 query. I will assume this is some sort of Castaway reference. However, I do not have a picture for that. I do have a picture of Daniel Radcliffe in dreads that will have to do.